08-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #18
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
I traded an '08 335i in for my Cayman S last month. I considered the M3 as well. I DD my Cayman, I custom ordered mine with the necessary items to make it a good daily (PDK, Nav, Ventilated seats, etc. ) as well as most of the performance options (Sport chrono, PASM, LSD). I think if you're ok with a 2-seater, it makes really good DD. Between the front and rear trunks, you can fit a surprising amount of stuff, I use it for my weekly Costco run. While I liked the M3, it was too much like my old car and doesn't handle quite as well as the Cayman. The overall quality of the Porsche is also noticeably better.
I don't disagree with your post other than the bolded part. The M3 is every bit as good quality wise as a Cayman. I have spent a lot of time in the Cayman and the inside quality is comparable (although I prefer the M3 seats and leather). To say quality is noticeably better is, IMO only, not accurate.

To the OP... if DD practicality is not a key deciding factor, I would go with a 997.2 C2S as it is a little faster, better feedback and a little more "raw" from a fun perspective. If DD practicality is a concern for you, I think the M3 is one of the best options out there as it is comparable performance wise but very comfortable and relatively practical.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0