03-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #100
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_M3 View Post
What do you guys do when you park your car someplace? Do you remove the unit and hide it in the trunk or something? My fear is that someone sees it mounted on the windshield and breaks in. I'd love to do a hidden unit, but it's a bit much for me right now.

What is the best position for a V1 or 9500ix to be mounted? Can it be too high or too low on the windshield of an M3? If you hide a V1 in a headrest, will it still detect laser?

Sorry for all the questions, this is the first time I've looked at radar detectors seriously...
Hidden headrest option will affect laser, this is why I do not recommend this setup. Defeats the purpose, we are working a custom rear headrest design that allows the unit to be exposed for laser detection.

It's not a good idea to leave the unit visible if parked for any length of time especially in questionable areas. Would you leave x4 $100 bills on your dash? Thieves will steal it and sell it on the open market easily and they know it. I simply un-plug it and hide it.

Obioban: I had this setup on one of my e46 m3's however this only works on e46 M3 that is 6-speed manual, not SMG's from what I remember.
15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 0