05-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #11
Sephiroth
4-6-8
India
Rep
Drives: for the fun of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
Corvettes are great cars. I owned a z06 before my m3. I'd suggest you get the vette first and then the m3 later when you have kids.

Dont let people talk to you about build quality on corvettes, especially if thy havent owned them. I tracked mine for 5 years, took care of it, and I only had one problem, which was a recall and fixed for free. If you are a real driver and enthusiast you will love the corvette. Its so much more visceral and animal than the m3. I really do miss mine! I've owned many sports cars and the vette is the only one I still think about. I'm sure I'll own another some day.

BTW I also own a e46 M3 and you really cant compare it to the new e9x m3. They are totally different in feel and execution. IMO the new m3 is as different than the old M3 as it is to the corvette!
'preciate the input.

I've driven the vettes with the z51 before on test drives. I could tell immediately that i came nowhere close to the total capability of the car. The car felt wide and long, but other than that i liked it. But i still ended up getting my e46 because i loved to rev the engine high, i think this goes back to my honda days, and i felt more comfortable driving the car.

I think what im looking for is a more modern replacement to my e46. I want the high revs, i want that excellent turn-in, and i want the sound. If the e92 can't deliver then i may not have a choice but to get the GS.