View Single Post
      08-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #32
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
How does the IS-F compare to the M3 on ride comfort. I just ask because I know a few who have driven the new M3 and said no purely because of the ride quality being too firm. If the IS-F can cushion it ride while still delivering a near matching M3 pace on the track and approach it's entertainment factor then they have been an impressive job on the car.

It's looks are not my cup of tea but each to their own, the interior is luxury Japanese, you know even without the brand where it was designed, the same is true for German cars but there is no denying the quality of the Lexus, it's up there with the best. The biggest let down for me is having 4 doors and only 4 seats.............why? You expect that with a coupe but not a saloon, a wrong decision in my opinion and will cost it sales.

Two areas where Lexus have scored big time is the exhaust note, the fact that it can have such a split personality is great, with the M3 you know almost instantly it's potential but the same isn't true with the Lexus, the perfect sleeper. The other area is the gearbox, all the write ups comment on how this is the best automatic ever and is in many ways as good as any DCT, just shows that there is still life in the old technology.

If it's looks had been more to my taste and I was sure about the residules then this would have been on my list.

A great effort and definitely not a FAIL in my book.
Appreciate 0