View Single Post
      09-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #42
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
I am in the same boat. I pretty much did the basics to get it where I wanted and cost me another $10,000 on top of the car. Now I am back to exotic firearms.

When I was in my 20's I didn't care and spent thousands and thousands and was in car magazines, won at HIN, etc. Now that I am over 30 I have no motivation since I was at the top of that game in 2004-2006. Its boring now. lol House and X5 fill the void now.
Similar situation here. I used to spend big $$$$ on mods. Over $30k each on an Audi S4 and a 350Z. Now, I will just buy a higher end car to begin with. The issue for me isn't that I don't have the interest, it is just that mods add no value whatsoever to the resale value of a car. In fact, even big ticket mods can lower the value of your car compared to stock. It can also make a car that much harder to sell when you do. I can no longer justify throwing away that kind of money. It's funny that I was willing to spend more money on mods when I was earning less. If I buy a car and find, by chance, that it is deficient in something, I will still mod to eliminate the deficiency, but if I really want a better car, I am more inclined to just buy the better car.