BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
No

My parents would need to go to Iran to get officially divorced first if anything.

Cause if they really wanted to get divorced, it'd be meaningless to do it just in this country.

Since if my mom is divorced, then the govt will pay her $ every month since she can claim she's unmarried/no support from a male etc. Pretty much if a woman doesn't have a man in her life they think she can't take care of herself lol. Or a least that's my understanding of it

The reason I mentioned the no kids under 18 was because every site I went to mentioned that is severely difficult to do a quick and easy divorce if there are minors involved. Like online divorce ones aren'trrally meant for those with kids (or at least this is how I understood it)

The people getting divorced arent anywhere close to my parents age lol. My parents are pretty old.

Anyways I'm used to OT just assuming whatever it wants and accepting it as fact without any proof etc : D

Since its obvious that you can walk in and get married but not walk in and get divorced, it's best to just tell them to go to LegalZoom

And why do you guys say get a lawyer? I'd assume getting a lawyer would cost pretty much double LegalZoom right?

Since its uncontested with no minors/property disputes etc, it's simple and (IMO) a waste to see a lawyer
talak talak talak and he's done!