armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by von_zoom View Post
Nice Vid, and good driving. Thanks for posting.

Here is vid test I did Friday morning early (light rain prior) to determine if Harry's Lap Timer would function okay while on a tri pod located in the rear center of the E92 (no direct sight to the sky like on the wind sheild). It appears to have done okay, only not to continue video for my second and third laps. Don't know why the video crapped out as the data was received. Second lap 2.16:22 and the third 2.19:43.

You commented on your line through Oak tree, and I too take a simular approach. The video, although much slower speed with this lap, indicates the line I drive. I sort of make it one continuous turn, (note steering input) late apexing over the gator next to the tree. I use third gear and once turn in is established, power is applied continuously, probably 3/4 throttle when over the girder with a lot of attention to what the rear end is attempting to do.

Good to see you, and hope to see you again soon at VIR.

vz

Doc, I apologize for not stopping by to sit down and talk to you again! I can't believe how hectic these events are even though there is so much time in between runs. And thanks for sharing your videos, I'm subscribed to your youtube channel in case you didn't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Hi there...was also at VIR. Here's a video of the last instructor session on Saturday. The video also shows my buddy Brian in an E36 M3 with Liam from Wounded Warrior in the passenger seat. I was out to try to catch them...we meet around 16:00. <snicker>

I haven't timed my laps but guess I'll need to do that someday. What a great weekend at the track.

Cool video
Liam, is he the one with one leg? Because that guy jumped from C to A group, I was like, WTF?!?!!? Good for him though, my buddy Hans who was running in C group said he was quick in that Z.
Appreciate 0