View Single Post
      11-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #11
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
.... you stop and think for a second that perhaps we have less problems than other countries due to our stringent policies regarding air travel?
Yes I have thought about that and considered it, and then threw it out after talking with people actually in the industry...and reading more about the methods used by the countries where terrorism is a 24/7 REAL threat.
For example, we're so focused on being politically correct and completely tossing out the concept of 'profiling' that we don't use it. Despite the fact it's a completely legitimate method of determining REAL threats.

For example, 4 million mile business man, taking his normal roundtrip from the west coast to the east coast.... vs a muslim with a one way ticket.
Who should be looked at with a more scrutinizing eye?
Granted this is an intense exaggeration, but still my point....
More *training*, less throwing stuff at a wall...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
I took 5 flights in the last 8 days. Not once did I feel as if I was being violated or my rights were being trampled on. This was a story about a fucking story that the media blew WAY out of proportion. You don't like someone searching you on security then buy your own fucking plane or drive. You aren't getting on a plane with me without going through the motions. You don't like it find another way to travel. I travel a lot, and it seems to me the people who are complaining are not actually travelers. They are people who are looking for a cause to get behind because they are bored and out of work.... Wait that's right.. our unemployment rate is still just below 10%. Shouldn't that be what we are discussing? Not the luxury of air travel?
I do agree with you here, very good points.

However again *my* particular problem with this, is not the invasion of privacy, nor even anything related to the travelling itself...it's more a mis-use of government funds which could be more suited towards providing some help towards the economy/our situation. Have you see the price tag of these machines? Do you know the number of TSA employees that exist, and the average salary for them? (hint don't google the TSA, the numbers will at first appear to be a lot less than what ACTUALLY exists)

Last edited by Freakazoid; 11-30-2010 at 09:51 AM..
Appreciate 0