View Single Post
      07-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #50
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Baseball is about 9 guys all trying to win the game and all trying to do whatever it takes to win. The pitcher isn't in competition with the catcher, nor are the outfielders in competition with the infielders. Everyone is on the same page and plays their role. Pitchers pitch, catchers catch, fielders field. Yes, they all bat, but they're all trying to score runs for the team to win. A sac fly does just that and in a close game it can make all the difference.

F1 drivers are individuals and they all feel they are the best and teammates are in direct competition with each other. Completely opposite to a team sport where all players need each other to be successful.

........and massa and alonso are trying to score point for their TEAM to lose? you make a good point in that each member has their own role and together they work for the team. however, the reason i like this analogy is that its the manager that signals to the batter (perhaps not for a sac fly) but definitely for a bunt, in which you could say the same thing about team orders. Again, i feel most of this controversy is stemmed for the fact that it was Alonso who made the move. if it was one of the darling Mclaren boys it definitely would not have turned into what it has.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0