05-21-2009, 01:54 AM   #281
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
The scope of the warranty exclusions is ridiculous on the GT-R but the part about voiding if you damage it on a track day is perfectly normal and exactly the same as you would get from Porsche and BMW. In fact, I think it's perfectly understandable. The fact that a car can be driven round a track at record speeds doesn't mean it's built to do it for anything other than to demonstrate it's abilities and limits. No road car with a 3-5 year warranty is built to do track days. Not a single one. They're just too hard on components no matter what the car is. You might be lucky and get away with a shit load of them but one day something will give.
Absolute drivel and false.

Porsches and BMW are both built for some pretty hard track use and abuse. Obviously with Porsche generally speaking exceeding BMW in this particular area. As well both companies will cover you under warranty when using the car on the track. Hell the M3 manual even tells you how to prepare for track driving and as long as it is not competitive you are covered. I can post the quote from the manual if you care to see it. BMW will even cover pads and rotors based on track use. However, most realize it is not a legitimate thing to request of BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
Suspension adjustments on a car with adjustable suspension simply shows what's possible with some time adjusting for track and can hardly be called cheating.
It is cheating if all cars are delivered with the same factory adjustments/settings to the suspension and then the car is adjusted differently and the car is claimed to be "showroom stock".

I disagree with other points you've made as well in your last couple of posts but the first above was the real glaring error and you basically stated it twice.
Appreciate 0