View Single Post
      07-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #39
Juano11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 DCT Coupe

Replaced sensor...now lots of codes...

OK, so I've been getting the SES warning, increased emissions warning, and rough idle on cold start ups.

09 e92 M3

I just replaced the low pressure sensor with this part:

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...0-f01-f10-f12/

The part number on my old sensor was different than the new one, but they otherwise appeared identical.

Replacement was fairly straight forward for someone who doesn't turn a wrench too often.

I restarted to check for leaks and found none.

However, on restart the idle was REALLY rough for a minute or so. I attached my scanner expecting to clear the two codes that I'd been getting (Bank 1 & Bank 2 too Rich). Instead I found some 11-12 codes. The previous two, but also misfire on each cylinder and "random misfire". I cleared all codes.

Once the idle settled down for a few minutes, I revved the engine a few times and all seemed well. I shut it down and restarted after a minute or two. Again, rough idle, but not for as long the first time. I haven't taken it for a drive yet, will do so later this afternoon.

I assume that the process of changing the sensor would introduce some air into the fuel system. Could that be the cause of the post install idle and misfire codes? If so, that should work itself out with a little driving. Yes?

Many thanks

John
Appreciate 0