View Single Post
      02-22-2018, 02:42 AM   #2000
TX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 ///M3 E92 APW 6MT

wow that's a crazy story, but I don't see how an over-fill and then an alleged under fill would spin bearings, unless they let way too much oil out during their drain. Maybe a screen was clogged preventing oil flow? Would this also toss the under-fill alarm? Oil changes on this engine suck. I've done it almost 10 times now and each time I add exactly 8.2 to 8.4L back and drive it almost 3 days before it gives me a valid reading. it will read anywhere from low to full on those first 3 days or so and then will average out at the middle marker. It will be all over the place the first few days. The one and only time I had my dealer change the oil I got it back with a >MAX level on the drive home from the dealer and all kinds of warnings. I did the same. I parked it and made them tow it back. I think they don't do a full drain and then add back something like 9L creating the over-fill. hell man you should play the lottery they are dropping you a 25K engine for free I'd be doing the happy dance if I were you. Read the board. I'd say 90% of us get the shaft.