08-04-2012, 02:32 AM   #208
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiM3y View Post
The issue with Schroth selling it in the US is not the availability of the unit, but it is that it hasn't passed the DOT (I think this is the agency in question) testing required for E90 and E92 seat. The structural strength of the seat back needs to meet the required standard. I am guessing it is the responsibility of Schroth USA to complete these tests. I suspect from your finding these harnesses for sale in Luxembourg that the Schroth harness meets EU standards. Unfortunately, these standards are not homologated to the US.
I think they're not officially homologated in the EU either for the E9x platform. For other cars they are.

As for the structural strength of the seat back, I have the BMW Performance seats which are in fact relabeled Recaro "Sportster CS" seats. So that won't be a problem in my case. Nor for anyone else running race seats.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0