06-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #22
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
My previous M Coupe was rear ended three times and when I sold it, I disclosed that. The buyer ran a CarFax and it did not have any accident claims. All repairs were done at a BMW body shop.

Now, when I buy used cars, I take a paint thickness gauge and can tell where there's any repair work in a matter of seconds, I would guess most dealers do the same. You can tell where there's been paint blending and any body filler very easily.
+1

My old Infiniti was side swiped and I went through all the proper channels (filed police report, insurance claim, etc) and it never showed up on the Carfax. However when it was time for trade-in, some of the "high end" dealerships took a paint thickness gauge, tapping each panel of the car and immediately identified the areas that had been repainted.

OP - go to a BMW Certified Collision Center and while you're at it, ask for some free Performance Parts, installed free of charge lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujitashi View Post
This is a very minor accident. It might benefit you and BMW if you go to the shop directly and get a quote then have the dealer cut you a check.
Agreed, if you haven't filed the insurance yet then it might be worth getting a quote directly and have them pay for it directly. No insurance, no record, no hit on value. But I would still try to get some CF Performance parts lmao.