10-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
That's a different issue than the typical idle valve one. And yes, I've experienced it too 3 times in 3 years, after a long (high-speed) highway run, followed by some street driving to get to a gas station. And when I stopped, with the engine still idling, that's when it happened. Engine almost died, but caught before stalling. All 3 times happened after fueling at unknown gas stations that supposedly have heavy traffic (don't have a choice), so I chalked it off to questionable gas. If it was consistent, then I'd certainly look for a cure, but once a year is not enough to chase a ghost now . If you can't duplicate a problem, don't even bother with a dealer man. If it's a problem, it'll get worse for sure. And then you can get it fixed without any aggravation. Good luck.
that's a good point because it hasn't happened for the last few days. maybe it was bad gas.

but I am worried about the last two codes (idle and the lambda sensor) - something is causing them so I want the dealer to take a look.. maybe i'll push out my dealer visit by a few weeks ...
Appreciate 0