04-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #20
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by P7X View Post
Great post, thanks for sharing the trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM3 View Post
Reading about your trip makes me want to go on a driving holiday myself, maybe I'll go on the autobahns in Europe one day. Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
So awesome! Thank you for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
legenday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamana View Post
Very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBroker View Post
Fantastic write up ! What a trip! Thank you for sharing !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsenadbz88 View Post
Awesome trip, I just need some time so I can take my 335is on a trip like that haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Very nice trip! Thx for sharing!
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fester View Post
Thanks for sharing....
My compliments on achieving over 21mpg on this beast!
Yeah, not too bad huh? So on the mileage subject, I think I observed something.. increased mileage and efficiency as the trip went on. I seemed to be getting more miles per the first 1/2 and 3/4 tank on the latter stages of the drive. Is the M3 smart enough to adjust its fuel needs according to a consistent (highway) driving style and speeds over 1500 miles? Not sure, but it definitely seemed like it.

What I'm saying is that theoretically if one were to drive around the world in the M3 at a highway pace, by the time he returned to his start point he'd be achieving a very green ~50 mpg... But seriously though, I do think I was getting better mileage as the trip went on. Not only based on the trip computer, but according to my odometer/fuel tank observations. This happened both on the drive to FL and then on the return to MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspita View Post
Awesome pictures, I was at that Homestead event....which M3 were you in. I was in a Space Grey e92 with blue te37s
Hey, the Jerez M3 sedan in the pics above. I'm pretty sure I remember your car.. you have the front splitters? And actually, right before lunch I ran over to your garage to determine your exhaust (Active). No one was around. Nice car! Sounded beastly coming down the front straight.
Appreciate 0