View Single Post
      02-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
OMID INC
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Review of "No Holes" License Plate Bracket

I am pleased with the packaging and quality of the product. At $59, I was impressed with how solid all of the parts are. The kit came with all the necessary screws and washers to mount the bracket right into the tow hook opening on the front bumper. Took me about 15 min. It also came with an allen key to help get some of those screws in. There were directions with colored pictures to help me with the install. It was very easy to read and understand. Even thought this may look like a no-brainer install, it was still helpful to see some pictures and have a little direction. The only tool I needed at home was a wrench to tighten everything.

After a couple of canyon runs with some serious vibrations and heavy turning, braking, and acceleration, I noticed that the bracket was fully intact with my license plate still firmly attached. I wiggled it around to see if anything has loosened, but every screw and bold was firmly in place, including the main 19mm bolt that secured into the tow hook hole.

I used a little WD40 on the screws to help prevent seizing. I guess I will find out how that worked out once I find I need to remove the bracket.

This bracket flows nicely with the M and does not stick out very much at all. I actually have a couple of washers between the license plate and the main bolt going into the tow hook hole just to make sure I wouldn’t get the license plate too close to the front bumper. So it is possible to get the license plate even closer to the bumper. I still have enough room to adjust the screws if I have to.

Overall, I am pleased with the purchase; a good use of cash to help prevent license plate tickets. I highly recommend this product, especially in areas where tickets are frequently written even while the car is parked, like in LA.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0