10-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #62
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

Quote:
Originally Posted by status38 View Post

Hahaha! When we met at the Welt I thought you said your name was "Simpson" not Simsims! I was looking around for you to ask about posting a pic of your car. When I couldn't find you I decided to just post one that doesn't show your license plate, hope you don't mind!

How did you like the 1M anyway? Feel different/better than your 135? Was nice meeting you!
It's an export plate, who cares :P You can do the whole picture if you want.

1M is definitely different! I was too lazy to post pictures, but it DEFINITELY does not drive like a 135.
I'd say it's more in between an M3 and a 135. The suspension, transmission and clutch feels M3ish, but the acceleration feels like a turbo (obviously), but MORE! I didn't like how I had to shift like a maniac in order to get power out of the M3, so I went with an 1M = lazy ass daily driver.

The day I went to the ring it was closed. I had to turn in @ frankfurt in the afternoon because it was @ 1200miles already. So I went back to the ring with a rental Mini Cooper. Damn that was fun, pushed the cooper (not even s) to the limit. I'd have to agree, stick shift NA is a HELL of a LOT more fun on the track, just not so in the streets...