View Single Post
      02-10-2009, 02:29 AM   #43
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
There is a specific range it shows its gains in an totally non real world/unrealistic dyno test with a fixed speed and unrealistic flow pattern "wind" generated by a fan? Just to make sure I understand you... In other words either your conclusion above is based on a dyno or it is speculation that a real world test will behave identically to a completely non real world test.

Again no one has measured the VE of this mod in any sort of real world fashion. Furthermore, no one has anything but butt dyno experience for it in the real world.

If we can get VE at least we should have someone stepping up with multiple instrumented apples to apples runs with and without the scoops? I thought that was planned/promised by both owners and vendors?

Round and round we'll go I guess....
Well, get a datalogger of some sort and get real world numbers and share them.

My real world issue stems from that the fan is shoving air in from the moment the dyno starts. It is simulating air flow a car in the real world won't see until higher speeds much earlier thereby inflating the low end numbers a bit. The specific window comment is that it really generates a difference you can feel at highway speeds. That is not to say there are not gains from airflow down low, just not as much as up high.
Appreciate 0