Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
So let me ask you this: I bought parking tickets from COTA. Do I park at track and no shuttle? Or is the shuttle for everyone?
Last year based on your ticket mailing address you were told to use a specific shuttle bus location (Texas = fairgrounds, out of state/country = downtown). I never saw them check anything to verify you were at your assigned shuttle bus location. This is what they did last year but of course, things could be different this year.

If you're leaving by shuttle bus it will probably take about 2 hours or more to get on a bus then about 30-40 minutes travel time to downtown. Also factor in a good 15-20 minute walk from the main gates to the shuttle location plus the time to get from your seats to the main gates. Depending on your seat location and how fast you can walk (physically and flow of the departing crowd) this could add another 30-40 minutes or even more. I was lucky enough to be at turn 15 right inside the main gates.

The only way I can see to shorten up the load time for the shuttle buses would be to be exiting the main gates or be near them as the race ends.

I don't have any experience with parking at the track personally, but I know someone who did and they told me it takes hours to get out of there. So it seems like parking onsite or shuttle bus is a wash but expect to take several hours to get out either way.
Appreciate 0