10-31-2011, 08:47 PM   #339
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Find the quote that I bashed a member for choosing a GT-R, seriously. PM it to me, you're fluffing this thread enough as it is.

Two quick points.

1. Your first statement is exactly the type of post that I go after. In this post you throw the M3 under the bus and ride off in a GT-R, that is just naive. You are comparing apples vs. oranges, the M3 is 40k less, and -100hp. I'm not even sure why you would post this response as you just did, I clearly stated that the M3 is not in the same segement, market, or perfromance group as a GT-R, yet you seem to come back and want to remind me that the GT-R "kills the M3". The playing field is not even between the GT-R and the M3, stop posting as if it is. This entire performance bargain comment is getting stretched out the door, maybe in the used market but at 100k, you have a lot of other great competitors like Viper, Corvettes, etc.

2. Posts are biased, your opinion is your opinion and that is it. People are constantly throwing their own opinions around all day, hence the forum idea. Example, your opinion is that an M3 is a "wannabe sports car", that is clearly not the truth.

Don't mistake my issue with the choice of a GT-R over an M3, it's more against these types of posts (the one you just made). There is no need to constantly throw down the M3 to put the GT-R up. BMW already made a GT-R killer, it's called a 335ix. J/k couldn't resist.

Also, notice how I posted something positive about the GT-R, and yet you somehow turned it negative...That is trolling.
To your point 1.

I'm not sure how you figure that the M3 is $40K less than the GT R....even in your market. Up here it's $15K, so if you're comparing 2 door to 2 door it's in the same conversation, along with a Z06 or Viper.

Edit:

The GT-R bases at $89 950. The M3 coupe bases at $59 900.

However, when you throw in options....the GT-R Premium is essentially fully loaded at $90K, while the M3 is closer to $75k fully loaded.

$15K difference is more realistic, so please spare us the bs differential.

To point #2.

If you truly believe that the M3....in any of it's iterations....isn't a "wannabe sports car" then, really, there is no point in continuing the discussion. You are very clearly misguided if you think that any version of the M3 or it's direct competitors isn't a major compromise.

The M3 is an amazing vehicle that sets the benchmark for the class. The new competitors (ie. C63/IS F/RS 5...and even CTS V) are all a direct result of what the M3 has accomplished. To consider it a "pure" sportscar that can compete with "true" sportscars is deluded.
Appreciate 0