12-20-2008, 06:20 AM   #24
bazmandude
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 40d M Sport

Garage List
2008 E93 M3  [0.00]
No problem.

The AUX audio and existing USB socket are not used so you can plug a USB key or another iPod into them while keeping the iPhone in the dock. The iDrive system will access music from any device plugged in the exising USB socket as a priority over the iPhone if docked in the cradle i.e. if you have your iPhone docked then plug an external music source into the existing USB socket you will not be able to access the music from both. iDrive will show the music from the device in the existing USB socket. Obviously, if nothing is plugged into the existing USB socket then iDrive accesses the music on the iPhone. iDrive can only access music from one external source it seems.

Can't say I've noticed any improvement in phone reception with the iPhone docked but then i always had good reception, even if i leave the iPhone in my pocket!

Oh and i stil get that annoying message saying the the device isn't designed to work with the iPhone do i want to switch to airplane more!!! Think Apple need to issue and update so the iPhone is aware that the snap-in IS compatible!
Appreciate 0