12-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #20
Bweezy311
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphr View Post
It sounds like you're taking the notion of getting a sportbike a bit too lightly. With that kind of attitude, you could very well be seriously injured, possibly even killed. Don't underestimate sportbikes and riding in general. I've been riding for over 7 years and have seen more than my share of things that can and will go wrong on a sportbike if you're not in the right mindset. That is, respect the bike and respect the power.
It's hard to put a voice of saracsm in text...as that was ment to be a joking notion. However, do not misinterpret that statement. If you read my question again I clearly am aware which is why I want to start on something small and easy. I am very humble and conscious of the dangers that come with riding a motorcycle. Frankly, it's made me too scared to ride a bike. Those reasons are why I haven't wanted to ride a motorcycle all this time. I've now reached a point where I'm willing to try it, and by my question, want to start the right way and learn correctly.

I'm not a cocky insecure person so I'm not worried about not wearing a helmet or giving it gas to show off. I want to ride a bike to ride a bike. I eventually want a top of the line/fast bike because it is something nice looking and good to have the option of going very fast. Simliar to having the choice to drive in a honda civic vs lamborghini, both are cars and will get you from A to B, but the one is much sexier and faster.

I appreciate everyone's advise greatly! Please keep the discussion going! Recommending the right type of bike really helps me as I know very little about bikes (I have a lot of reading to do!).
Appreciate 0