View Single Post
      09-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #14
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

I am just going to do pads & brake fluid.From what I saw of the video from SFBimmer and how hard he was pounding the brakes with the tires chattering away,they will work just fine for myself.The one thing that I will be looking into which will really help the brakes will be better cooling which might even include blowers in the ducting just like they use on a 3400lb stockcar.
The one thing that we learned in endurance racing was how to conserve your brakes with minimal effect on lap times.Things like rolling out of the throttle 50 ft early before getting on the brakes and being very smooth with the application not just standing on them will reap huge rewards in brake life with only making about a 1 second difference in lap times at a track like Mosport.In a "showroom stock" 325is we went 24 hours at Mosport with no pad changes and still had enough left to to run practice & qualifying at the next race.We won that race in class by 22 laps but failed tech due to my engine builders oversite in the cylinder head but so did the next 9 cars in class also get DQed for the same infraction
Appreciate 0