11-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #86
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
1. If its a 'talented pro' how is it 'abuse'?
A talented pro is more likely to better manage brakes on track.
Perhaps the word abuse should have been in quotes. All I meant was extremely hard use, which to a daily driver type of guy is indeed abuse.

Quote:
2. The OP DID have brake cooling ducts directed @ the center of the back of the rotor.
But as discussed he did not have a brake backing plate connected to the hose to most effectively use all that good moving cool air. As well the OEM hat design very much interferes with this air moving through the rotor vanes. Compare the OEM rotor/hat configuration to the AP Racing!

Quote:
3. The OE rotor is 360x30mm ..... most popular BBK's on the market (and for race teams) for these heavy cars is 355x28mm .....
If you put a 380mm kit ... you limit the wheels size to 19's (and maybe one 18 set)
So what are u talking about?
Heat capacity is directly related to the mass (i.e. the thermal mass). Heavier rotors will always be cooler, period (of course all else equal such as vane design, etc).

Quote:
5. PFC01 > anything else
That may indeed be correct. I was not saying the examples I used were "the best". However, to substantiate your claim you should provide some real data on these pads. Something along these lines. Link.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0