View Single Post
      04-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #12
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

The larger front bar results in less roll and better camber angle for the front tires, and it especially results in better transient response (i.e. slaloms in autox). I pulled the alignment pins, max'd negative camber (got -1.7 degrees), and installed the Dinan front bar (btw, unlike others' experience, there was zero preload on my stock sway bar and the Dinan bar once it was in place, so I had no need for adjustable end links).

I'm running the car in F-stock this year, tire class, with BFG Rivals. So far, I'm very impressed with the car on course. I can't actually imagine it without the front bar as turn-in rotation was fine as is. In pure steady state cornering conditions (i.e. mid-corner), I imagine there is a bit more understeer due to the bar, but it's easily manageable. Slaloms are a hoot though! Also, this thing will really put down the power on corner exit -- really impressed with the M3.

When you do the install, take off those side pods on each side first and that will allow you to put a wrench on the weird wire supports (x2 each side) for the center undertray.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0