08-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #120
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Neither is installing a tire, doing an alignment, getting your oil changed, getting your tranny or diff serviced. How many times have people complained about it not being done properly? I happen to trust my dealer enough to have them do it. But this guy, JUST got his car and the motor blew. If I were a manager at BMW and this landed on my desk, I would give him a new car and win a customer for life.

I would agree that a well run shop should assign a senior tech.

Who are you telling to think? I said nothing about him suing for a blown motor that is covered by the warranty. I said if there is any case to be made, it is that the car has less value because the motor blew and was changed. The same way a car which has been in a major accident, but fully repaired, has a decreased value. I went on to say that establishing what this decrease in value actually is will likely prove difficult.

Absolutely would not expect them to, but I would certainly ask. Bottom line, as BMW will tell you (unless they blame the owner), is that it is their fault and your inconvenience.

Same in PA.

You clearly have never worked in customer service.

I wasnt arguing with you, i was speaking to everyone in general.

I worked at a dealership as a service adviser my friend. So i have seen a lot of things. Some cars would get a new engine, some cars would just get new pistons. And every case is different.

And having a new engine vs a car that was fixed after a car accident is no where near the same. Getting new engine is like getting new pair of shoes. Fixing a car after an accident is like having your legs broken then healing back.
Appreciate 0