JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M3 2010 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Couple of comments on your updates...

1st... congrats that all is working out... great news.

2nd... I think it is a little nuts that you are considering getting a lawyer, etc. Mechanical things will break down. It happens. I completely understand your frustration and such but if every car manufacturer could be sued when a mechanical issue occurred it would happen every day. It was really just poor luck and that stuff happens. Clearly given how few major problems the M3 has had, it isn't a design flaw. Anyway, just my two cents.

3rd... if the rest of the car is perfect and you get a new engine, why would you not be comfortable with the car any longer and want a completely new one? The only reason I can think of is if you don't have faith that the dealership will install it correctly. Otherwise, isn't your car back to new again? That, to me, is almost like saying "my transmission went... I need a new car because I can't trust this one." If you get a new engine and it is installed correctly, why would you have any less faith in the car than a new one? I'm not at all meaning to be difficult but I don't understand the rationale behind wanting a brand new car because something went wrong with the one you have if it is completely fixed. I would understand if it were a recurring issue but there is nothing to suggest it would be in this case.

Anyway, very glad things are working out.
Yes, glad it is working out.

But, OP sounds like a whackjob.
Appreciate 0