View Single Post
      08-23-2005, 01:48 PM   #185
Slappy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 325i

July 7 - Order placed with BMW.

July 8 - Order shows up in BMW Owner's Circle but as the wrong color, as mentioned in the Ultimate Order Tracking Guide. My order was substituted for another vehicle the dealer had on order. Calls placed to the 800 number say that my vehicle is on order.

July 10 - The proper color is now listed in Owner's Circle with it still listed as on order. The 800 number now says that it is scheduled for production with no production date.

July 21 - Vehicle is in production with a scheduled completion date of July 28th.

July 26 - Vehicle in the paint shop with scheduled completion date of 7/28.

July 28 - Vehicle completed production and released to a carrier for transport to port of exit.

July 29 - Vehicle being transported to port of exit. Also, I've noticed my VIN is now available on Owner's Circle under review order detail.

July 30 - Vehicle at port awaiting shipping vessel.

August 5 - Vehicle in transit according to the 800 number. OC says awaiting transport. Called BMW NA for details. They said it was on it's way to the port. Decided to check my VIN on the W&W website and it turns out that it did get on the Aida on August 3rd.

August 17 - The Aida has docked in Charleston and my E90 was discharged according to the W&W cargo tracking website. Their website had this information less than an hour after the event actually had occurred. BMWNA 800 number still lists vehicle in transit.

August 20 - OC website lists my E90 at the VPC in South Carolina. BMWNA 800 number still lists it as in transit.

August 22 - OC says my E90 is at the dealership! That was quick. 5 days from getting off the ship to my local dealership. 800 number still says vehicle in transit. So early on, the 800 number was more up to date, but once the car reached US soil, OC was more accurate.

August 23 - Picking up today at 4. Total number of days: 47 So almost 7 weeks.