Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
We noticed 240EE came out around 2-3 weeks ago. There differences are extremely minimal. For some reason the factory decided that less protection was needed for hot engine oil. Other than that it's identical with no real reason to update.
I would have to disagree with you on this one.

Taking a quick look at the two files, I see 362 bytes changed between 231E and 240E. Granted much of this is not map data, not identical, but close. A non US revision showed over 5,000 changes as compared to the newest US.

You are correct about the change in oil temp protection... They did raise temperature by 5C at which the RPM is reduced for hot oil temps. A change that I couldn't disagree with more. In my eyes it should reduce the redline sooner. But that's an easy fix

(temp edit on Vanos changes, taking a closer look @ sw revisioins. Looks like the non US 231E I'm looking at has quite a few changes but vanos between US 231E and US 240E is the same)

Part throttle fuel targets have changed slightly also. BMW has changed the axis of the map in a couple places here and richened the mixture above 6K (in certain areas) ever so slightly. They have also made a few changes in the fault code index with reference to how faults are triggered, and a number of changes related to cat function/warm-up too. Finally I see a few changes to ignition control presets. (The changes in this paragraph are between a non US 231E and a US 240E)

I'm off to drop my car off at the dealer now, lovely Fuel Pump Malfunction.. Now it makes sense why the car was running weird the last couple days with the stock 240E calibration.

(edit: idle control valve and fuel pressure sensor, ekp module being replaced @ dealer)

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 09-13-2012 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 0