08-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #69
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch32 View Post
When I bought the car I was told specifically on multiple occassions that the car was never winter driven. I thought buying at a BMW dealership mean't I was buying something certified, tested, repaired, etc.... I never even thought to ask to look under the car, I shouldn't have had to but this goes to show that don't trust BMW dealerships or at least the one I went to. I found out last week the car was painted 4 times (it showed in the service history, now they don't want to give details on the painting/bodywork so I need a subpoena).

From my understanding BMW Germany is now reading this thread, I forwarded them the link and they've been asking questions via email. I'm not sure where it'll go but everyone reading this thread will know the outcome that is a gurantee.
i am not surprised that dealerships do this. it doesnt just happen at BMW dealerships. many dealerships will repaint parts of the body to make the condition of the car perfect before resale. the bottom line is people always buy cars that look nice and pristine on the outside.

i am in montreal as well and i am selling my m3 at way under market value, even then, i had to entertain a few low balls to my offer. the car has very detailed service records and has been impeccably maintained but many potential buyers end up going through the dealer route to get a CPO car because they trust them more.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0