View Single Post
      11-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
What are the chances you'll be able to do them with different mounting diameters? I REALLY want to see if I can get my OG Diamond DA4.6s in there. Worst case, I can use my 344is's or have Bing make me some small dash pods for my RS100s and I'll pick up some Scan rings. Too many choices! Too many choices!!! I don't even have the freakin' car yet! AHHHHHHH! LMAO
Looking at the specs on the DA4.6, the cutout diameter is only slightly larger but the depth would be a major issue for you at 57mm. The 344is barely fits and its has a 50mm mounting depth. I think you might be able to squeeze it in at 52mm but 57mm is pushing it. If I could have, I would have bought a pair of Seas W12CY but there's no chance in hell that would happen with a 66.5mm mounting depth. If you're sure it would fit, I can ask the machine shop if they would cutout a larger hole. According to the specs, its about 1/4" larger in diameter than the 344is cutout.