View Single Post
      10-23-2011, 01:10 AM   #83
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
99% of the people in this thread probably shoots less then 1 hour a month, and probably never drawn on a person or shot a person. careful, of their advice.
From a 1% er, I can tell you that I don't care how much you practice, the body reacts strangely under stress and unless you train under stress, you will NOT perform the way you think you will when the shit goes down. 99% of an armed encounter is what you perceive before the gun comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
NNNNOPE... couldnt be more off

AMEN!

i get so sick of people preaching the old "larger caliber" song and dance because they obviously haven't had any real world experience. and by experience i'm not saying you have to be involved in a shooting.... simulation,practice, research, and knowledge of how the body reacts to the trauma of gunshots placed to vital organs vs flesh wounds alone will be enough to learn you otherwise. i dont care who you are you cant make followup shots with .45 as fast and accurate as you can with a 9mm.

lets just say that you attempt to get as many shots in with a 45 as you do a 9mm. i promise you have a better chance of stopping an attack with 5-7 perfectly placed shots compared to trying to squeeze off a 45 in the same amount of time and not hitting vital areas. and that's why i'll CC a 9 over a 45 any day.
This is BS. You just haven't practiced enough. At some level, you are correct that recoil on a 9 mm is going to be perceived as less than a .45, and that all things being equal, the 9 mm MAY be easier to control, but I guarantee it is possible to shoot a .45 as accurately and quickly as a 9 mm. About the only real advantage a 9 has over larger calibers is the number of rounds you have onboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0