09-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #14
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
His comment I think is how can a low end car deploy things like a positive locking feature on a low end car, there is engineering a cost to do this kind of thing. However, what he fails to understand is Hyundai just copies what every other company has done, they let the BWM, Merc, VW and Fords of the work do the engineering and they just copy it. They are so bad their Mini Van copied the Ford Windstar almost exactly, the headlight and taillight are exactly the same. I think the use the same companies to make their parts.
This was true ten years ago, but take a look at the Velostar, or the Genesis coupe. I'd say that the Koreans have advanced their game a heck of a lot further over the last decade than the Germans, who collectively have taken a step back. Even with the recent price slashing at VW/Audi, I'd say that a similarly priced Korean car offers significantly higher quality materials and dare I say, engineering.

When Lexus and Infiniti launched, MB and BMW took forever to respond, it seems that VW might not make the same mistake with Hyundai/Kia.
Appreciate 0