View Single Post
      12-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
Innovative Detailing
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 06 Denali, 53Ford F100

After the rain............you must look clean!

To have the best looking vehicle possible even after the rain, I recommend the following....

DO NOT GO TO THE CAR WASH!

The adverse effects from these washes can be irreversible due to excessive scratches caused by automated brushes or even soiled mitts at hand washes.

Using a mist and wipe product such as Meguairs #135 or Blue Mist from Diamond and some high quality microfiber towels. Starting at the top, mist and then wipe all upper surfaces, followed by a dry microfiber. Using the 2 towels, follow your way down the sides, leaving the bottoms, lowers and wheel wells for last, since this is the "most" soiled areas. [U]Never wipe dirty towels back over top and previously clean surfaces. Keep in mind that you must juggle both towels, using one for the vast majority of the product with the initial wipe, and the other to flash off or dry the surface to a showroom shine. Clean lowers and lips of wheel wells and rear bumper last, since these get the dirtiest. Should these water spots have a chance to dry and leave etchings GIVE US A CALL leave this job to the pro's. When the sun beads down on these water spots they leave irreversible damage that requires claying, rotory polishing, and then orbital polishing and then wax. Your paint is between 4.5 - 5.5 mils which is as thin as a garbage bag liner, so you must be extremely careful in removing these surface defects. The best advise I can give is to try to give your vehicle a thorough wash immediately after the rain to remove any surface contaminants that are above the paints surface. Always follow with a gloss enhancer, and I recommend NEVER use a car duster.
Feel free to check us out on the web at www.innovativedetailing.com or check out the reviews on us at www.citysearch.comWe also have some really cool videos for you to see on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/InnovativeDetailing1

We at Innovative Detailing thank you for your business and support, and we wish you Happy Holiday's

"WHY SHINE WHEN YOU CAN SPARKLE!"

Last edited by Innovative Detailing; 12-24-2008 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Appreciate 0