///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep View Post
The solution:

FYI it was the speed sensor (cluster) that was the problem. I found it hiding under the drivers seat, under a painted piece of the body, just forward of the under seat speaker. Relatively easy replacement, just had to disconnect the battery to avoid airbag BS, remove the drivers seat (but not the wiring harness, just leaned it back), remove the under seat speaker cover (no need to remove the speaker), pull the carpet and some of the foam away, remove the three bolts on the bracket and wiggle it out towards the front of the car. It must come out forward because of the way the wiring harness fits on it.

I smashed the old sensor open with a hammer (glued closed) as it was just a dumb circuit board so really no way to figure out wtf happened in there, although I can't really think of a worse place to stick electronic sensors due to risk of getting wet through the carpet on rainy or snowy days.

Bought mine off ebay for $160.

So I saved myself -

Dealer diagnostics minimum: $100
Dealer parts: $640
Dealer labor - quoted 3 hours LOLZ (literally will take you 30 mins or less now that you know where it is): 3x$140/hr = $420
Dealer shop supplies shake down fee: Maybe $40

TOTAL DEALERSHIP RIP OFF would have been $1200+tax!

Dam I deserve a beer.
After 3 years you deserve more than one beer !
Good to hear about the solution

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0