10-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #40
rcornelius
Faster
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe Melbourne Red/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
So I was at my local BMW dealership, scouting for an M3. I came across a beautiful, Melbourne Red exterior, Fox Red Extended Interior, M3 coupé. I noticed that the car lacked the technology package, and was kind of confused on whether or not I was still interested, and wanted to order an '09 M3.

I realise the function of EDC, as far as ride comfort, etc, and I brought it up to the sale person, and he said that EDC in a 6MT M3 is a 'useless' feature, along with M-Drive. The reason he gave me for the EDC, was that it was stick shift car, and basically gave me that for his reasoning.

Onto M-Drive, since the M3 always has claimed 414hp, he told me that the M-drive was also 'impractical' considering that it is not like the M5/M6 where you have to change from 400 to 500 Sport modes.

He also told me that the newer M3's, the 09's, are not getting the new iDrive, and not getting the XX-GB HDD, and won't be able to play DVDs, as this is a feature only seen in the non-M E90s.

So onto the main questions:

1) What do you guys think about EDC? I've toyed around with an M6 and have never found myself playing with the button.

2) Is the M-Drive really 'useless'?

3) I heard the navigation etc. details on the forum somewhere for the 09s, but maybe someone can clarify that for me?

Thanks.
This sales manager is on CRACK!!! 2009s have the New I-Drive. Go for the Tech Package, I love the M Button. All though some of my frieds don't like the M button, because when they are riding with me and they see my push the button, they know we are about to start hauling ass... smile...
Appreciate 0