View Single Post
      01-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #55
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@ApexRaceParts View Post
The debate over whether the 18x10" ET25 and 275/35/18 will clear a KW Club Sport kit can sometimes be confusing. Inner strut clearance is very dependent on your current ride height (location of the spring perch relative to the wheel and tire) and tire type. If the spring perch is next to or lower than the wheel and tire than a 5mm wheel spacer will most likely be needed. The lower helper spring is usually the determining factor and unnecessarily extends the whole spring down much further than needed. The helper spring can be removed with out any ill affects as long as the spring perch is then adjusted all the way up to compensate for the change in the length of the spring assembly.

A summer 275/35/18 street tire will have a much higher chance of clearing the KW Club Sport's spring assembly compared to a larger running 275/35/18 extreme performance tire like a Hankook RS3 or R-Compound tire like the NT01.
I'm with you. Just to clarify, these were 18x10.5 +25 with 275 RS3s in both cases. He was running KW CS (dunno the status of the helper spring) with a modest drop and I was running KW Sleeve kit all the way down. That was the only difference. The wheel itself was hitting the collar on my car. No clearance issues for him.