View Single Post
      02-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #28
Sick Speed
Speed
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe

Truck is awesome. For a heavy beast it sure as hell is quick. Obviously I don't drive it the way the drove my past M's...but...you guys would be surprised...seriously surprised at how well the 2011 RRS handles. I'm not a novice auto enthusiast either so I have established enough objectivity over many years of modding and tracking cars.

The 375 HP/ 375 LB FT torque is plenty for what I need. I actually did debate about getting the super charger but I honestly could not justify a 525 HP 475 LB FT torque power plant. Seems a little silly to me to run other SUVs. I mean let's face it...most trucks and SUVs weren't made to be high performance vehicles.

One last thing. Since I turned 16 (some years back) I have had over 25 speeding tickets in 10 different states. ( Most of my tickets I have been able to get out of through a local attorney who knew the judge). Moving from BMW to the RRS has kept my foot lighter on the throttle for sure and it is a good feeling not ALWAYS wanting to run every other tuned car that pulled up beside me while driving in the past. Don't get me wrong...once a gear head always a gear head. That will never leave me.

As far as everyone saying it will be in the shop constantly. Well...if it is then so be it. That's what warranties are for. Besides...the dealership I purchased it from will actually drive out to me...drop off the same vehicle for me as a loaner...then take mine in for service. Can't argue with that type of customer service.

Thanks for the positive responses...all of your M's rock...and I will continue to be a BMW enthusiast for life.