View Single Post
      05-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Sorry but I am going to disagree and have good evidence for doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar752 View Post
It's abrasive. So use it too much, and you'll be regretting the fact you ever found it. Leather cleaners always get the shine out and restore the matte look for me without being abrasive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
Be careful as it strips the leather away.
I think I agree that is might be ever so slightly abrasive. However, I am not worried about it at all. The only color that came off my Fox Red seats was black - black oily grime. It is pretty clear from my other post using a variety of products (some heartily recommended as "the best on the market") that cleaners absolutely do not get the shine out and restore the matte look. The MAIN function of this product is to grab, remove and hold contaminants and at that it is absolutely killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar752 View Post
BTW stop conditioning your leather, that's probably why the shininess was there in the first place. Remember that you are dealer with a topcoat on the leather, and not the leather itself. Just like how you don't try to revitalize the color coat through the clear coat on the paint, you do the same with the leather. Use a cleaner that leaves nothing behind and wipe the seat down with distilled water after for good measure.
I absolutely never over conditioned my leather. I had the car about 2 years and have maybe done it 2 or 3 times. Also I treated all my leather equally with cleaning and conditioning hence the drastic difference between the drivers and passengers sides seats means something with the use/friction/body sweat or oil was the main problem, not any conditioning.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0