View Single Post
      12-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #12
noodles
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Talk to a friend that is an owner of a Nissan dealership here in seattle about the GTR...here is a rough overview...

- Cars should show up in about 5 months

- his allotment was 3 vehicles (I guess 1500 coming to US this year)

- By selling the GTR the dealership has to be upgraded, didn't catch all of that but something about suspension tuning equipment, to tell the truth he wasn't much of a tech guy so pointless to say too much...but bottomline cost were about $70k to the dealership to upgrade.

In summary, selling these things at 90-100k for the first year would only break even the cost (about $8k profit at MSRP plus about 20 something thousand over to account for dealership investment....)....of course this can be amortized over a few years but the point being you will be paying $90k+ for one of these in 2008.

That being said the thing is wicked and will compete with anything...I worry a little bit about durability...with so much electronic control over everything and such small production numbers seems like you could be getting your balls in a vice down the road....