View Single Post
      09-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #81
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBonus View Post
Fair enough. It does lack that intimate "fingers to the road" feel of the M3 but it is very linear and predictable unlike the GT. I agree with the disconnect between the front and rear but I think a lot of that has to do with the sheer length of the wheelbase and size of the car coupled with a less-than-compliant dance partner that is the live rear axle (although I think the torsen is brilliant at finding traction that shouldn't exist on a car like this).

Regardless, I'm very happy with it, flaws and all, as it is an entertaining, no frills throwback of a car. My 993 that preceded it was a more visceral affair, grittier and smaller with a cab-forward design that puts you right on top of the action but I am looking forward to using the Boss as a track car. My 993 was simply too expensive and quite frankly brittle in its old age to track as frequently as I desired.

For the record, I was prepared to buy an E90 M3 days before I bought the Boss but the dealership who agreed upon a price started to jerk me around shortly thereafter. I got a lead on a Laguna Seca model and figured I would buy it and if I hated it, I could always turn around and sell it for more than I paid for it. It turns out I really like the thing even if it looks like a leftover prop from an A Team spinoff.
You need to get some lighter wheels for that thing. Did you see the weight of the Boss LS wheels? The fronts are almost 31lbs while the rears are coming in at over 33lbs. Forgestar makes the F14 wheel for the Mustang and can be had in 19X9.5 and 19X10 or 11" out back and they weigh almost 8-10 lbs lighter than the OEM wheel. Heck get a set of TSW Nurburgring wheels.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0