View Single Post
      08-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #549
Cool Steel
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post

I didn't make any generalizations that all DCT drivers were elitist. I said I dont like elitist who think there choice of transmission makes them better. Mind you that can work both ways.

To me, yes they would be boring to drive. Again... its a preference. My left foot wants to drive too. Anyone can mash the gas and go. I prefer to engage my left foot.

If I have both and I know how each one drives, then why is my preference towards 6MT so overwhelming for you? The cost of the car means NOTHING to me in regards to what makes a performance car a performance car. Maybe to you, but it doesn't to me. DCT doesn't make me feel my M3 is anything less than yours. IMO, I think my 6MT is better than the DCT for what I bought the car for. I DD my car 10 miles a day and DCT bores me to death in how I use my car. Where as my 6MT bring a smile to my face. That's my opinion of it. Now if I bought my car to be ricky racer at the local track, then yes I would use my DCT.

Ive already stated once I find the DCT to be a better "overall" fit for the M3. I just dont like it anymore. So its not like I'm telling you mine is better. Yet the majority of you (including you at this point) still continue to tell me DCT is better than mine. Maybe in pure performance mode yes. But for DD use, not in my book. And the worst part is you guys saying stuff like "you spent 70K on a car with a manual". What the hell does cost have to do with a preference? It doesn't, yet you guys keep bringing that up. Its THOSE comments that make YOU DCT guys sound like elitist.

Anyways... I shouldn't have posted this as I really don't wish to bicker with you guys. I'm on both camps and my choice is my choice for DD use. If I was a track rat, then sure I would probably drive my DCT. But I'm not so 6MT FTW in my book. And I'm happy its DCT FTW in yours. Whatever floats your boat.

Enjoy your cars. I know I do.

/Peace out
Okay, Okay dude....take a pill. No one cares...
Appreciate 0