View Single Post
      01-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #33
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i can assure you there is 100% no drone with the Dinan one, in fact if you get it and find any drone i will give you $500 bucks for real. as long as you don't have any other brand midpipe or x pipe etc. if it is all Dinan then my offer stands, that is how confident in the non drone factor i am

as for btw the AA and the Dinan, i looked at both and heard both and i was able to hear some slight drone in the AA and i felt the build quality was better with the Dinan. i also liked the warranty with the Dinan and that it doesn't bother the BMW warranty as well

hope that helps some. if your ever out east in the NY area lmk i will take you for a spin in mine or you can drive and see how it is for yourself

good luck with your mufffler hunt

also as someone else mentioned you really can't go by the vid clips bc they sound different in real life. i know the ones i made sound so much better in real life. i guess my camera is not that good

if you want i can take some more for you at different rpm ranges if you need

H

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
I've learned there is drone in every exhaust at 3k on the freeway that is audible (noticeably) unless there is some sort of NCC/helmholtz chamber. It's the loudness, tone, and vibration that differs between each exhaust.

I'm thinking either Dinan or AA if I want absolutely no drone (but still not sure which one between the two)

Or Gintani sport w/ minor but livable drone (as all exhausts besides those two drone)
Appreciate 0