09-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #52
Repoman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash32 View Post
During my recent beach trip I had the opportunity to hear a M3 with M Performance exhaust and it sounded very good. It had a very nice rumble to it with a sweet nite to it while not being too obnoxious.
While I loved it, I am looking for something a bit more aggressive. For those of you that have heard various exhausts including the M Performance... What systems are quieter than the M Performance so I can go ahead and eliminate those from my long list of choices.
Honestly I like the Gitani the best because sounds absolutely raw and mean, but I am afraid that it might just be a bit too much. What would be in between the M Performance and Gitani that would be awesome sounding with a deep rumble with zero rasp. I can live with a little but drone and I will be getting a full system and not just the cat/axel back.
Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Hey Crash

I got the M-Performance exhaust and left everything stock because my car is a daily driver. If it was a weekend/track only car, I woud've gone with the Akra Evo. I haven't heard every exhaust in person, but I'd stick with those two as I've personally heard both and I must say, both exhausts are amazing. Both systems are very high quality and have had positive reviews. Also, I am coming from an E46 which had a SS V1 Header and Cat Setup combined with an Eisenmann exhaust. The thing sounded super mean but the livability factor wasn't really the greatest.

If your M is a daily driver, I'd go with just the M-Peroformance exhaust. If it's weekend only, go for the Akra Evo or GT4.
Appreciate 0