11-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #41
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amri215 View Post
So whats your point?..Megan probably outsources everything.. OK..so they brand and sell everything from exhausts, to coilovers, to control arms to fuzzy mirror dice and for every car from a Japanese to a German make.. what does that say about them?> it says to me that they are not specialized in any product or any make and their products are most likely to reflect that in quality and fitment.
Think you've kind of missed the point.

Yes, it's outsourced, and it costs $500. Nothing for this car costs $500.

Could the quality be better? Of course, but not for $500.

Yes, the Megan falls short in terms of quality in comparison to some aftermarket exhausts. I didn't purchase mine thinking that I was getting an Eisenmann or Akra equivalent.

The better comparison is the Megan to the stock exhaust, which sucks. It's heavy, ugly, and basically inaudible from the driver's seat. It's not like you need a particularly compelling reason to replace it, or that you should be overly concerned about replacing it with something of potentially inferior quality. Other than it's apparent indestructibility, the stock exhaust has no appeal. The Megan is easily a $500 improvement over that appendage according to most everyone who runs it.

Also no need to speculate on quality and fitment at this point. Dozens of members have run/are running the exhaust without issue.

Appreciate 0