12-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #15
rcornelius
Faster
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe Melbourne Red/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8000 View Post
I am having significant trouble in getting snow chains for the 19" wheels for my M. It seems that there are very few options really for this wheel size and at the moment I am stuck with none actually! I visited a few auto accessory stores and either they dont have anything to offer for this size or they are out of stock.

Any recommendations? Anyone tried Spike Spider? Does it fit?
I think that 18" Snow tires would be cheaper in the long run. With 19" tires and you mentioned the factory tires, thre is not very much clearence especially with the front tires. Not knowing what the laws are in Greece (do they require chains on all four wheels or just the drive wheels) etc... Anyway if one of the chains comes just ever so slightly loose (as most chains do) then this could cost you dearly for the damage that could occur to the body of your M3. There are plenty of good snow tires out there that will support some spirited driving when not in snow. I used 18" wheels with Dunlop Sport 3D 235/40R18 on all four wheels. I've been is some pretty good snow so far this year and no problems. Yea you can force the car to slide etc... if you want. But normal driving I've had no issues.
Appreciate 0