03-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #39
speedgod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
Commuted in for the first time today. It's up and down the whole way. There are some really long grades that took a lot of juice to get up. A lot of up the last 1.5 miles too. Should make for a smoother ride home being more downhill. Top speed was 29.1, average speed was 14.1. Took about 30 minutes. Went faster than I thought it would to be honest..

Made it the whole way without stopping once, so I was happy with that.

One more note - My hands were fvcking cold. The burning is just starting to go away, and I've been at work for 20 minutes now. I need to get gloves or something next time I'm down near the shop. Hopefully it will be a lot warmer on the way home..

EDIT: Right now it's 36 feels like 30 and sunny. Should be about 46 on the way home..

That is good to hear the ride went well!!! The magnet seems like it will not stay, but I have had zero issues with them.

Gloves are going to help a lot with keeping the fingers warmer and add a bit of comfort.

My wife road into the shop today, and I am planning on riding to the shop in a week. I have to let it warm up a bit first.

Glad to hear you are having fun! Keep us posted.

-Taylor Knox
Appreciate 0