05-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #46
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
Don't forget the other important reason to get the M3...all the aftermarket trinkets for perpetual enhancement when you ultimately get bored (i.e. next month). Seriously though, I have seen something like 10-12 different after-market exhausts already for the M3...simply amazing after-market support, huh?

After an ego-centric weekend of obsessing about which car is better for me, I had settled on a loaded, 2008 White/Blk C63, to only have the rug pulled out from underneath me this afternoon (I found out the other dealer has a local buyer).

Believe it or not, I have actually been thinking of calling the other dealer's salesman and offering him a Grand in cash as motivation to sell the other customer on idea of accepting my dealer's swap currency (early 2009 build) or the sister car to White/Blk one, a 2008 Blk/Gray C63. For some reason, I just can't wait until September myself.

BTW...for what it is worth, I have had some pretty nice cars (all German) over the last 20 years, but my soon to be turned-in 545i (w/sport pkg) has been the most satisfying daily driver to date. However, in the past, I tried to buy several different (as in every) generations of M5 going back to the original one, and I have always been disappointed enough to go with different vehicle, usually from a competitor. I even bought a 1992 Carrera 2 over a M5 because I felt the C2 was actually more refined. I really want to be 100% satisfied with the M3, but I am not finding myself quite there...YET!

Good luck on your decision process!
I'm not too hot on aftermarket trinkets, unless they are proven to increase performance... but.... hello?! The C63 engine is putting out over 500HP in other MB applications. So.... how does a 500+HP C63 sound to you? Don't forget that!

I think you'll know when it's time to start calling around. Once you fully decide what you want (M3 or C63) the whole process is so much easier. You'll feel relieved. The only choice you have left is "what color" ... then you just call all the dealers in the area and find out when they have one coming in with your color/options. ahhhhhhh.

My main reasons for choosing the C63 are: Bigger engine for easy speed(faster), Better Nav/MMI, and (my perception of) Better reliabilitly due to it being less complex, and Mercedes making a comeback in quality control. Oh yeah, and the cupholders....

There are some things about the M3 that really frustrate me. Mainly, that you have to "program" it to get it to feel the way you want it to. As others have said, that's gimmicky (not to mention electronically complex)