View Single Post
      11-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandyy View Post
Dude, its your wife. If you don't trust her with your car, then you have bigger issues in your life.

Remember, ITS ONLY A CAR. Don't get sucked into the world most everyone else on this forum is already living in where your car is the only thing in life that matters.
Just because she is his wife doesn't mean he should trust her at everything! There are plenty of things that I don't trust my wife to do, mostly mechanical related stuff. Being married means you know her quite well, and you know that what is important to you, and what you pay attention to, isn't necessarily what she pays attention to.

How many times have you gotten in "her" car and asked, "What's that sound? It doesn't sound right" and she says, "Oh that? I don't know, it just started happening a few weeks ago, but I keep forgetting to mention it." Many years ago when my wife and I were just dating (in college), she picked me up in her truck one day. As we came to stop, I asked "what's that horrible grinding noise?" Her response was similar to the above. Turned out her brake pads were so worn out that they were gouging a slot into the rotors! Cost her a couple hundred dollars to get the damage repaired.

And you are right, it is only a car, but one that is easier to damage by inattentive driving than an SUV. And since that inattentive driving can cause damage that requires money to fix, shouldn't one take that into consideration when deciding who can drive it? Just because she is your wife doesn't mean she'll take good care of things. But we love them anyway!
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0